Last week another 5 innocent victims have been hurt by the acid thrown at them. So far 20 victims have been injured. All are women and girls except a male school teacher in 8 different incidents over the past 2 months! These crazy attacks happens right in the heart of KL. I wonder where are the cops? Maybe they are having their long tea break at some mamak stalls! Aren't our most advanced city is equipped with high resolution surveillance cameras? Or those money has been used to buy cheap 1.0 MP cameras and the rest has been channeled into someone's else pocket? Ok sorry...it's not the time to play the blame game.
We must track down this animal as soon as possible. One of the latest victims is a one-year-old helpless baby. See how insane this serial acid splasher is? Then another victim who was attacked last Friday suffered serious burns which could cause her to lose her eye. People lives are at risk here. 20 victims' future has been affected by this animal! All of us should work together to track down this animal before more innocent people are being harmed!
1. March 2 - Eight Year 4 and Year 6 pupils and a teacher of SK Bukit Bandaraya in Jalan Bangkung, Bangsar were splashed with a liquid by a motorcyclist clad in black.
2. March 24 - Two marketing executives were splashed with acid as they were walking along Jalan Tun Sambanthan at 5.30pm.
3. March 25 - A 25-year-old history teacher, on the way to school, was attacked near the back gate of a school in Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad at 7am.
4. March 26 - A Frenchman and his female companion became the 13th and 14th victims of a corrosive liquid-splashing attack by a motorcycle duo in Jalan Conlay about 3pm.
5. April 2 - In Jalan Mantin, Negri Sembilan, a 27-year-old woman and her 18-year-old niece were attacked by two men on a motorcycle 9pm.
6. May 6 - Two women were splashed with acid when a motorcyclist attacked them from behind in Jalan Pudu Lama at 9pm.
7. May 6 - Thirty minutes later, a lawyer in her 30s, was attacked near a parking lot in front of The Mall shopping centre in Jalan Putra.
8. May 7 - A woman and her one-year-old baby were standing in her house compound in Persiaran Titiwangsa when the splasher rode by and threw the liquid at them at 3pm.
All of us must be on our toes from now onwards. We must work hand-in-hand to track down this animal. This serial acid splasher is of dark complexion and he rides either a Honda EX5 or Yamaha bike with a basket in front. So you should be more careful when you see these 2 types of bike approaching you. If you are a woman, a girl....or well just about anyone who is staying in KL-you might want to follow the following guidelines here:
- Always walk facing against the traffic: So that the serial acid splasher will not attack you from the back. Besides that by walking against the traffic you will have a better chance of avoiding anyone who looks suspicious to you.
- Avoid walking by the side of the road: If possible don't walk at the side of the road at all if it is unnecessary. You will be exposed and make yourself easy target for this serial acid splasher. Walk near the building where there are crowded people.
- Always bring along an umbrella: This might sound crazy...but I suggest that you bring along a huge umbrella with you. So whenever you see someone suspicious approaching you, immediately open that umbrella to shield yourself from any possible attack. Yes! Just open it even though it is not raining. Best of all use the umbrella all the time. Moreover your umbrella can be a potent weapon for you to defend yourself in dangerous situations.
- Inform the police of any suspicious motorcyclist: Banking on our
lazy and inefficientMalaysian police alone is not enough. So the moment you see anyone riding a bike with dark complexion and looks suspicious...immediately take down the number plate and inform the police to come over as soon as possible. Who knows? Your information might lead to the nabbing of this serial acid splasher!
- Put on more clothes: I know the weather is scorching hot right now. But putting on an extra jacket or vest might buy you some time to escape the devastating acid if *touch wood* you are being splashed!
- Don't go out at all: No matter where you go, try not to walk...at all. If possible don't even go out if you don't have any transport, preferably car. It doesn't matter if the sundry shop is only 50 metres away from your home...you don't want to risk being splashed with acid right? So ask your parents, husband or other family members to ferry you around if you can.
- Use as much water as possible: Water is the best remedy to counter the corrosive acid. The moment someone is being splashed with acid (either it is you or other victims), pour as much water as possible onto the affected body parts especially the eyes. Keep on pouring a large amount of water to dilute the acid. Keep on doing this until the acid has been diluted and washed away. So I suggest all of us to bring a water bottle all the time.
- Put on glasses: This brilliant and yet essential tip here is highlighted by FoongPC. If you are walking outside, make sure you put on shades not only to protect you from the glaring sun but also to protect your precious eyes in the event of acid attack. If possible put on huge shades such as Aviator Shades. The larger your shades the more protection you can give to your eyes...and even face. But make sure you shades aren't too dark or buy transitions lens.
I really, really hope there will be no other innocent people being splashed with this corrosive liquid again. I am sure our police force will do justice to the lives that have been affected by this serial acid splasher in KL! If you happen to meet this heartless, cowardly serial acid splasher in his act, don't hesitate to alert the police or nab him. Remember if we don't do anything, this could happen to our beloved ones. We must track him down and kill him! Ok...sounds like I am a savage but I am sure you get what I mean! We Malaysians must work hand-in-hand to bring down this serial acid splasher in KL. He is an animal!